Vegan Banana Bread Recipe with Walnuts –super moist, egg & dairy free. A few simple ingredients bring this recipe together!
Vegan banana bread with walnuts is the perfect breakfast. It’s quick, easy to make and the kids will love to help out. My daughter is always eager to smash the bananas and add the ingredients to the bowl. And once the sweet aroma of vegan banana bread fills the house, she is just as eager to enjoy a slice, or 2. And that means….
This super moist, vegan banana bread doesn’t last in our house!
When I make vegan banana bread in advance (such as the night before) I love to use these mini loaf pans. This banana bread recipe makes 3 mini loaves which allows me to enjoy a fresh warm loaf that night while keeping the other 2 loaves untouched for a quick breakfast the next morning. Win-win!
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe with Walnuts
To achieve ideal vegan banana bread consistency, mash the ripe bananas just enough so there are no big chunks. If the bananas are mashed too much they can become too liquefied and the bread is likely to have an undercooked, extra moist bottom. If that’s your thing, I won’t judge… mash away! It’s also best to use very spotted, ripe bananas. This will create a perfectly sweet bread.
The walnuts can always be replaced with your favorite nut, seed, berry, or fruit pieces. Try adding pecans, pumpkin seeds, strawberries, chocolate chips, or maybe dried cranberries. Feel free to play around with the additions. But, if you’re looking for a more classic style vegan banana bread, it’s also delicious plain.
So don’t let those ripe banana’s go to waste!
For another fun kid friendly breakfast try my pop-able Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins. They’re bursting with chocolate chip cookie flavor and ready in about 20 minutes!
Or make a batch of warm Vegan Cinnamon Pancakes, they’re always a hit and easily freezable!
Super moist Vegan Banana Bread recipe - egg and dairy free. A few simple ingredients bring this recipe together. Don't let those ripe bananas go to waste!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
Yields 1 loaf or 3 mini loaves
5 based on 6 review(s)
4 ripe organic bananas (about 14oz or 380g peeled)
1 and 1/2 cups organic all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of nutmeg
a pinch of salt
1/3 cup coconut sugar, or organic brown sugar
1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
3 Tablespoons chopped walnut pieces
- Start by preheating your oven to 350ºF, greasing your bread pan (or line with parchment paper) and chopping your walnuts into smaller pieces.
- In a medium bowl, sift together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Make sure not to leave any big chunks. Small chunks are fine though.
- Add the sugar and oil to the bananas and mix until evenly combined.
- Once the oil and sugar are incorporated, gently fold in the dry ingredients just enough for everything to come together.
- Now, gently fold in your walnut pieces.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-35 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Store in an air tight container to keep fresh.