Vegan Potato Corn Chowder is a thick and hearty, dairy-free recipe. It takes only one pot and a few simple ingredients you have in your kitchen. This rich and chunky soup will keep you warm all winter long!
If you’re a fan of my potato cauliflower soup, you’ll love this Hearty Vegan Potato Corn Chowder just a much, or maybe even more!
The best part about this chowder is how easily it comes together.
- Chop the veggies.
- Toss the ingredients in the pot.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Now devour this hearty chowder.
It’s that simple! (especially the devouring part!)
I always have onions, carrots, potatoes and corn on hand making this chowder a cinch to bring together. For this recipe I used white carrots to keep the soup color more neutral, but you can use any color carrots you have available.
Vegan Potato Corn Chowder
Vegan Potato Corn Chowder is a thick & hearty, dairy-free recipe. Keep warm all winter w/ this one-pot, rich & chunky soup.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
Yields 4 bowls
4 large yukon gold potatoes, cubed (roughly 2 lbs.)
2-3 white carrots, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
4 cups veggie broth, (I use low sodium)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried parsley , or 2 teaspoon fresh
1 and 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt , or to taste
1 bay leaf
1 and 1/2 cups organic corn, frozen
1 cup non-dairy milk, divided
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour, (use gf if needed)
Optional 1-2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Add everything, except the corn, non-dairy milk and flour, to a large soup pot
- Cover and bring to a low boil. Cook until potatoes and carrots have softened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf then blend* about 1/4 of the soup using an immersion blender or standard blender.
- Whisk the flour into 1/4 cup non-dairy milk.
- Add the flour/milk mix, remaining 3/4 cup non-dairy milk and corn to the soup.
- Return to a low boil for another 5 minutes to thicken. Stir occasionally to keep the potatoes from sticking.
- Serve topped with fresh green onions and fresh ground pepper.
* Vegan Potato Corn Chowder Notes *
Blending- You can skip this step but it does help thicken the chowder.
Leftovers- save well in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat any leftover chowder on the stove in a saucepan. Since refrigerating further thickens the chowder, you may need to add more veggie broth to help thin it out.